Wednesday, February 9, 2011

daily face scrub

some girlfriends have been asking me what I use in the shower, as a daily face cleanser~
I feel so funny sometimes sharing how ritualistic my bathroom routine can be....
it is quite easy, no fuss and simple.
really! ( I truly am in and out of the shower in less than 5 minutes)

I have on the toilet top next to the shower three jars.
one jar is my deodorant.
one jar is baking soda for my hair (I only use a small amount of baking soda on the roots of my hair, rinse.... and I am done. I also only do this once a week. It if super tangled~ I spray a bit of apple cider vinegar through and rinse. If you want to go "NoPoo" you can do some web searching for the techniques that might work for you. It took me a good two months to get into the swing of what worked for me and my hair... but I persevered and it has been worth it. I have been NoPoo for over 2 years now. It's great!).
and finally, the last jar is my daily face scrub.

just before I get into the shower I put a small amount of the powder in a tiny bowl. I add a bit of water to make it paste-like.
As I am showering I rub this blend on my face, let it do its magic, and rinse.
that is all.
It seems to work for me....
I have been using this recipe for a few months and my skin feels great.
when I need a little bit more of a mask-like cleanse I use this recipe from a previous post.
Here is my daily cleanser recipe and I hope you like it as much as I do.

Daily Face Scrub
1/2 cup oatmeal ( use an immersion blender to make it a powder/dust consistency)
3 Tbs. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon

store in a dry container.
prepare a paste with water when ready to use.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I've not goon no-poo but I only wash once a week. My oils adjust gradually as I washed less and less. I think it would be very easy at this point to go no-poo. Thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete