Friday, August 6, 2010

going on a snake hunt

yes, you read that right.
a snake hunt.

i am sure you are thinking, "oh, tif... you are such an awesome mom to take O on a snake hunt... knowing the snakes makes your inside curl up and clinch for dear life, and your heart rate races to get the heck out of town"

well, I didn't go.... but I did LET him go!
we have a neighbor friend who is ( as O would see it) the Bear Grylls of our neighborhood. This friend can find a snake in any environment... a frog in any hidden crevice, and a lizard under any rock. He is the nature guru that O got to go on a hunt with yesterday.
with a camera and water bottle in hand~ they set out for a morning of hunting.... and O came home with story after story about his great day of snake hunting.


2 comments:

  1. My first thought when reading the title was of the day we were setting up for services and there was a snake under a chair in the auditorium I had never seen you run so fast in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. big laughs Meg~ remember how small it was! and how adamant I was about not going around it!!!
    as I was writing this was a time when Craig Stubs (as a teenager) brought in a large snake in a bag, and it slithered in anger, with toothless chomping, across the table..... I practically ran at full speed and passed out by the doors.

    ReplyDelete