Sunday, January 2, 2011

One Small Change.... Ring in the Green year!

this month....we ring in the 2011.
It is also time for the one small change challenge to begin (or to continue) again.

last year I made some huge changes....that impacted not only my life, but the lives around me. And I am still holding on to those changes and not turning back.

so, what can I do????
well,
I thought... lets ring in the green... and bring it into the house.
so my change this month is to bring in cleaner air by bringing in some house plants.
growing up I remember my mom having a ficus tree in our house- she even had a fancy little sun lamp on it for the winter........

why not!

I already have my herbs from the garden that I hope to replant this spring....
my mom bought me a Meyer lemon tree for my birthday this month ( and it is now in the house)
what about other clean air plants.

say like a Peace Lily

or
a Boston Fern.

House plants are known to clean the toxins found in the home air quality, bring a great deal of O2 indoors, and lower allergens.
so,
lets get the green on.... and bring in the plants!
here is a web site that has some ideas.

to join the One Small Change Challenge visit the web site and see what you can do to change your world.... one small step at a time.

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you! This is terrific. And, impressed that you keep coming up with ideas. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have to say the idea pool is running a bit low on fluids.... but, I just keep on truckin'

    ReplyDelete