Monday, September 19, 2011

you shall be called

CRANIUM
yes, this cabbage is HUGE! and he was one of three that grew at my aunts farm.... the second one I gave away, and the third I wanted to see how much bigger I could get it.....
it actually got to the size of a large pizza before the deer got to it......
oh those darn deer!

this one cabbage became two different dishes.
I made a big bowl of coleslaw~ and it fed about 20 people. I was surprised that three people asked me for the recipe.... so, here it is... simple, easy and really yummers!
1 head of cabbage (chopped), red pepper(chopped), carrots (grated), green onion (chopped), celery (chopped)~ I literally chop and dump!
Dressing:: 1/2 cup mayo, 1 tbs. vinegar, 1 tsp sugar. Pour over veggies, blend well, and refrigerate for 4-24 hours.

and then roasted a few bits too.
recipe, and idea from UNDER A RED ROOF ~ I found this last year and roasting cabbage is AMAZING!!!!!! so I couldn't wait to make some this year.

I have two more heads in my garden..... that may need to come out soon....... but none is as large of Cranium the Cabbage.

1 comment:

  1. I love making coleslaw but have never tried roasting cabbage (did just have a great cabbage and chickpea thai curry though!) :D

    ReplyDelete