Tuesday, January 24, 2012

random skein

a friend, a few years back... gave me a skein of yarn.
It is a Lion Brand Yarn organic cotton  in Mustard Yellow.
I had not done anything with it... because I am not good at gauging how much a project would need... and I would hate to start a project~ and need more yarn.
So, yesterday, I was wanting to make a scarf- a quick and easy project.....
something just to pass a bit of time.....
I started with this random skein....
and now I am second guessing myself.

but I loving how this is turning out!
the yarn is super soft....
and the pattern is beautiful with this bulky yarn!
now I am crossing my fingers~ hoping I have enough (it may be a short scarf)...
if not~ I will be off driving around... searching for a similar dye lot.....
Do you do this too????
I have all these random skeins around~ and I am afraid to use them... for this very reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment