Wednesday, January 14, 2009

oh the sun shines brightly.

Oregon is known for its gloomy winters filled with rain and grey sky, so when a large bright eye-squinting sphere illuminates the day- things begin to look different.

the boys have been outside since 11, and have only come in for potty and snacks.... the dogs lounge in the window reflections, and I begin to wonder what I could do outdoors. Odin and I walked to school, I pruned back our roses, planted some indoor herbs, baked some rolls, and transplanted an avocado seed experiment that has taken on leaves. There is a spring in our step and our cheeks are flush....






oh our sweet, sweet sun- how so many of us take you for granted. May you shine bright for at least a few more days.

1 comment:

  1. I want to know more about your avocado seed experiment, and more specifically how you got the darn thing to sprout!

    ReplyDelete