Friday, February 4, 2011

Thursdays

what I love about Thursday Nights....
my girlfriend and her family host a Soup Night for all their friends and neighbors.
She cooks up a large pot of soup,
makes homemade mac and cheese for the kids,
and we come to her house for some laughter,
food,
and great fun!
(we can bring breads, or drinks.... if we want!)

I love it because after a long week of piano lessons, this one day, I don't have to think about a plan for dinner and have it started by noon.....
Thursday Soup Nights are the best!

yesterday I got to use my free time baking cookies with my littlest....
guess who is bringing sweet treats to offer everyone tonight.
Triple Chippers
from Country Baking, Gooseberry Patch Co.

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
~blend and cream in mixer.

add 2 eggs and 1 tsp. vanilla.
~cream together until well blended.

In another bowl whisk together
1 1/2 cup oats (take the oat before hand and use a processor to make into an oat powder... I use my immersion blender)
1 cup unbleached flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

add to dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
now add...
6 oz. chopped white chocolate
6 oz. chopped dark chocolate
6 oz. peanut butter chips
1 cup chopped almonds (although the recipe asks for walnuts- we are an almond kinda of family!)

drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on baking sheet. bake at 375 for about 7 minutes.

1 comment: