Saturday, November 5, 2011

Harvesty

HARVESTY

what do you think when you hear that word (yes, I know... it is a made up word... but play along with me)?
I think~ brisk chill, cozy blankets, fallen leaves

what do you smell?
I smell~ cider, cinnamon, ginger, fireplaces, and pumpkin puree.

what does your heart feel?
I feel~ comfort, calm, home, at rest.

This morning.... was harvesty!
I baked some pumpkins for puree... Made some harvest muffins... Set up a fire and wrapped myself and my boys in a blanket.

breath in.... and exhale slowly.
we are home.

Harvest Muffins (vegan/GF adapted)

in mixer bowl combine:
2 cups of flour (in our case 1 1/2 cup GF flour and 1/2 cup almond four)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp zanthan gum (only if using GF flour)

once blended~ add in rest of ingredients until blended.
1/2 cup apple sauce (in our case... today was homemade pear sauce)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup apple cider
2 eggs (in our case... egg replacer ~ ground flax)

dollop into muffin tins about 2/3rds full. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. Makes 16 muffins. when ready to serve just dust with some powdered sugar and enjoy!
:: exciting side note::
this recipe rocks because it only dirties one bowl, one measuring cup (if you use 1/2 cup), and one measuring spoon (use 1/2 tsp)~ making clean up swift and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment