today is my birthday.
yes.... and its a big one~ but, if you know me... any birthday is a big one.... really.
I just love birthdays.
but with the big 4. 0. I am now at the peak of the hill- looking at all I have seen, done, passed... and have ahead of me.
(can I say this????)...
but, it's all down hill from here (which is a good thing... right?)
a blogger friend of mine, Lori...(she and I share the same birth year).... she posted a "bucket list" as she looked over her life and pondered accomplishments of sorts....
and I thought, what sort of things would I like to do in the years to come????
I really don't have grand adventures on my mind,
nor do I feel like I need to achieve anything.
but, a wish list of things..... that would be cool..... it isn't a bad thing to kinda have around! I mean, there are some great things out there~ that just might happen for me!
so, here is my bucket list (of sorts)
experience family life(or should a say... doing!)
- travel through South France (Provence area)
- Travel through Greece and Italy (the whole Mediterranean area, really!)
- Live in a flat in the Netherlands
tour and sing with a band
- Open a small restaurant that serves homemade baked goods and soups.
- enjoy a Hot Air Balloon ride.
be a mentor to college kids
- volunteer at an orphanage/medical center in Africa.
- knit a sweater
teach piano lessons
- have lunch with Colin Firth
see O ~ Cirque De Soleil
- hang out in Hawaii with Jack Johnson and his family.
- Take the kids to Walt Disney World
- visit the Grand Canyon
- be a host mom (a billet) for a Portland WinterHawk's hockey player.
- snowboard in Whistler, BC (or just hang out in the village)
win big in LasVegas, NV
- visit and dwell with the Amish community for a weekend or two.
- London, England
- learn to spin wool.
- take a pastry class at Western Culinary
- go to a NHL Stanley Cup finals game
- work on a local farm for a week during the springtime.
- be on the Martha Stewart Show (okay-so this one if far fetched~ due to her show being cancelled this season!)
- learn the ukulele
graduate from college
- Niagara Falls, New York
Snowboard in Mammoth,CA own chickens walk the streets of Dublin, Ireland (in platforms ~ and tripped!)
I know, I know.... some are a little "out there"... like #12, 14 and 26.... but, it's my bucket list... so I can do whatever I want! so... bite me! tee hee!
today has been a great day.... laughed all morning, over coffee, with a great friend. Had a Vietnamese lunch with the hubby. Another friend dropped off a little chocolate treat (just for me!). Just got off the phone with my mom (who really deserves the credit for this day!).... and I dont plan on cooking tonight!
Happy Birthday to me!