Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Advent week 1

  Tis the season around here...
and we are in full swing.
kids helped dad put up lights, and the advent cups are hung.  Activities each night keep the kids on their toes,  and there is an excitement in being together.


Alongside the Advent activities we are also reading a chapter book together titled NICHOLAS st.NORTH and the Battle of the Nightmare King . We are reading a chapter or two a night, and its just perfect for two adventurous boys (ages 7 and 9).  We are all finally healthy, and the season is wet and cold.

This week's advent activities are
Dec. 1 ~ make a paper chain for your room
Dec. 2~ get tree together.
Dec. 3~ string popcorn for tree
Dec. 4~ Decorate tree.
Dec. 5~ Listen to the story of the Crippled Lamb (narrated by my dad... who passed away 7 years ago)
in all honesty- probably one of the best gifts ever.  I recorded my dad reading this book, because my children were so young... and I wanted them to be able to hear my dad, every year, read to them.  Something that I loved as a child.... a very special gift!
Dec. 6~ deliver our Santa Letters to Macys ( they donate $1 to MakeAWish for every letter to Santa)
Dec. 7~ holiday travel to Seattle.  craft of Clay snowmen.
Dec. 8~ holiday in Seattle.Craft~  Santa hand print cards for birthfamilies

paper chains


popcorn strings


I don't think Cider can get much closer... silly girl!

I am still stuck to my sewing machine or knitting needles... but 'tis the season!  and to be honest, I love every moment of it!

1 comment: