Friday, December 28, 2012

Merry Christmas!

I know... I know...
I realize that I am a few days late, but if you know me... you know that I am totally okay with that!
We had a great holiday.  The house was calm and quiet.
In fact, the boys are off sledding in the mountains today~ which allows me time to blog, clean the chicken coop, and get some stuff done around here.

all is calm, all is bright
Christmas eve dinner was remarkable ( slow cooked roast, gravy, new potatoes, carrots, green beans, and rolls!) as we had the company of a dear friend join us.
one boy playing with camera on tripod
the other boy- doing the same.
Christmas Eve 2012
 Santa came (later than usual- one of the littles tried his best to stay awake!), and partook of the cookies and milk.... he even shared the carrots and oats left for the reindeer.
Christmas morning was....well.... the gift part was quick ~but the aftermath was worth it.  Everyone was busy playing... including me, as I learned to tune my ukulele and play a few tunes via the internet.  I don't do anything Christmas day... I make cinnamon rolls the day before, and plan a few snacks... and then we order Chinese food for dinner.  We have done this the past 4 years~ and I love it!  It gives me the opportunity to be in the moment the whole day... not thinking about what needs to be started, what should be cooking now, or what is next.  I get to just "be" and play with everyone else.  We ended the night with a Happy Birthday song and cake for Jesus~  and a game of progressive rummy with some good friends.
Birthday Cake for Jesus
The next day we took family pictures.... before the tree came down, and decorations were put away.  This is the second time we have done family photos the day after~ and you know, it works for us!  I think we have some new traditions that have sparked over the past years....
Merry Christmas 2012

Well, I sure hope your holiday was bright and beautiful~ Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.



No comments:

Post a Comment