Thursday, September 25, 2014

One of the ways we said goodbye

When school ended, in June, we had about 6 weeks before we moved.  I got an idea that would help make the transition from Oregon to California memorable.  Not to mention, this idea kept the boys busy over the summertime.  We sat down together and talked about what were some things we would want to do to remember Oregon.... We called it our GOODBYE PORTLAND BUCKET LIST.

This is what we came up with


We were able to do all but three of the listed activities and the memories that we had were worth every moment.  This list was able to give me something to look forward to while I was being swallowed up by boxes and packing tape... It had me stop the madness of go,go,go and allowed me to just be,be, be.  My boys loved it, every moment of it.  Here are some photos of our times well spent.

Seaside, OR

Fountains


SlappyCakes with Abbie and Emily

Wunderland Nickle Arcade
Bliss Cupcakes
Sleepover in Ruby
Powells
Captain Craig's ( Lake Washington)
Berry picking with Peri and Rya
Forestry Center
Wings and Waves
 This list helped my boys say goodbye to all their favorite places ( and with some favorite friends), and allowed them to experience some new places before we moved.... It was bittersweet ( I may have cried a couple of times) but a beautiful experience. A perfect way to end a chapter of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment