Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's 2009- towards Joy!


2008, for me, was a year of cleansing and action.... It started with the thoughts of how to simplify my life.... and in turn created a whole new outlook in the way we live. Early on, to simplify meant to get rid of all the extra stuff (clutter) that I had around.... and later redefined itself into removing all means of excess and unnecessary that we consume, use, and frivolously want... to where as now the fine tuning has started.

Sustainable Living is the goal that we want to obtain.... yet, the baby steps have been like a load being lifted off my shoulders from materialism, consumerism and whatever "ism" that hold us back from being ourselves....

living this way has allowed me to be honest with myself (seeing things as they truly are), has challenged me to take the better steps ( environmentally, spiritually, socially or domestically). Steps that are not necessarily the quickest, fastest or immediate results, nor the road more commonly travelled- but steps that have taken thought, heart, passion, drive, seasons, time, patience and calm. In turn the rhythm of my life has changed from a ticking time bomb (or a humming engine) to a more solstice breath of peace.

Don't get me wrong- By no means am I Laura Ingalls, but, I do sometimes think- if she did it, why cant I.... especially thinking that my "Keeping up with the Jones" is her Nelly Olsen.

So now as I start 2009.... what does that mean for me....

to continue on the path I have begun as well as continuing to see things outside of the narrow box I use to live in. To always soak up what I may have otherwise missed- , the world of imagine and wonder, a woodpecker on our back tree, a spark of joy in my son's eye, the quiet of a night's fall. I guess to sum it up Richard Halloway will end this post "Simplicity, clarity, singleness: these are the attributes that give our lives power and vividness and joy."


May 2009 be a year of new changes- towards joy!



No comments:

Post a Comment