Friday, May 8, 2009

Bag it up, lady!


Making bread is a weekly deal in our house.  I love those days when the house smells like my childhood- and bread baking does that for me.  With the elimination of plastics in our home, I usually wrap my bread in wax paper, and then in a cloth towel.  It works to sustain the bread- but this idea works even better- not to mention looks cuter.  With our new windows up, the old window curtains came down, those of you may remember the red plaid tea towels that I had hanging in the kitchen.... well, with all these red tea towels around- my linen drawer was overflowing..... until now!  Talk about reduce (less in the drawer), reuse (over and over), recycle (tea towels as curtains, now bags... what is next?).  
I now love making bread even more....  I hand stamped the bread bear one, cut it out with pinking shears then it was sewn on in red (the hearts were cut and sewn the same way).  I used bias tape sew together for the drawstring at the top.  They were done in 15 minutes, and about the easiest thing I have made in a while.

6 comments:

  1. I just bought a bread baking cookbook and I am so excited to try it! Hope you have a joy-filled mothers day with your boys.

    kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great idea. super cute. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Would you be interested in sharing your bread and granola recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. After using these for a while, how are they working? Do they keep your bread fresh longer? They certainly are cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know..... at the rate that consume bread... I cant keep them filled! they do a great job! on warmer days we wrap them in a bit of wax paper, just in case!

    ReplyDelete