Thursday, April 29, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY- April 29th
Outside my window...
spring showers (April showers being May flowers... or as they say here in Oregon, April showers being May showers)
I am thinking... someone needs to get the house clean for the in-laws this weekend.
From the learning rooms... how to sleep through the night (I dont know how B does it... he wakes at 2am, and is up the whole day!)
From the kitchen... leftovers!
I am wearing... jeans, t-shirt and a thermal
I am creating...
a few knitted baby beanies, a baby quilt for Mrs. Hiatt (O's teacher)
I am going...to teach my first after school garden class today.... I am all nervous and stuff, and excited!
I am reading... still The Wonderful Weekend Book by Elspeth Thompson and A Homemade Life
I am hoping...to have fun this afternoon, and to get some things finished
I am hearing... nothing.... silence is golden around here.
Around the house... downstairs clean, upstairs... not so clean.
One of my favorite things...the new Neflix on Wii ( I am a sucker for a good Documentary)
A few plans for the rest of the week: quilting, visiting with grandma and grandpa, a rest (or two) and gardening.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing:
the joys of having a cold winter... Lilac Blooms. The past three years my bush had but one flower on it... this year~ a bounty. I have vases full of them all around the house.... I love sitting on the couch, knitting, and getting the aroma of this sweet smelling bloom.


2 comments:

  1. Oh those lilacs! I am a month and a half away from mine. So envious. I am can't wait to see and hear about your vegetables. Love the poem your little guy requested. "Hate" is a word we are not allowed to use at our house. It sounds so ugly coming out of little mouths. Hope you are loving your Spring, it snowed here this evening! Keep quilting, those are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen~ this is actually early for us.... Our lilacs are normally at the end of may. But all our cold weather and rain went to California and we have had the warmth and sunshine.... everything is just growing and growing.

    ReplyDelete