Wednesday, September 14, 2011

just found out.....


I like to follow Ree Drummond and her blog The Pioneer Woman. She is a beautiful red headed accidental cowgirl... that I find hilarious! A few years back I bought her cookbook which is just as perfect as her blog. She has those recipes that make you remember the days before aspartame, margarine, and non-fat milk..... and yes, I am that old that I remember those days......
I have made quite of few of her recipes.... her mac and cheese is to DIE for. The bacon wrapped jalapenos are every football party hit, and of course.... her chocolate cake is divine!
This past summer she wrote a book about her romance with her "Marlboro Man" that I paid full hardcover price for (which I dont think I have done since the early Harry Potter days) because I was dying to read it.
so, imagine my surprise when I found out FOOD NETWORK picked her up.....
actually, it was only a matter of time....

I havent see any of the shows yet, but yesterday I asked a friend to record them.... so who knows.... now that the boys are out at school all day.....
I may take a few hours out for myself and watch a bit.

Just stop me if the bon-bons come out....
or I could just make some....... hmmmm.... that sounds like a great idea~ (smile!)

1 comment: