Saturday, April 21, 2012

stop cleaning

my mom asked me to stop spring cleaning... and to start blogging
(sometimes my blog is the only thing that keeps us connected!)
unfortunately ~ I wish I were cleaning compared to what I have been really doing.



I am not sure what I have shared with you guys about my youngest little... and his struggles with autism..... granted, I dont like blogging about his Autism.... and this blog is not about that.....
but, the things that I have learned this week.... and put all my efforts into this week....
need to be blogged.
(and the timing of April being Autism Awareness month~ it seems a good time to just say what I have to say)

B had been doing great over the last 10 months- we have found that with diet and supplements, and therapies- that he is now growing physically, emotionally, academically.... you  know, in all the great places that a mom loves to see growth.
Every year, like clockwork, we have a regression.... and we persevere through it, make adjustments where needed and pray that he pushes through sooner than later.  The regression can be slight, but usually, it is dramatic.  This year, it was dramatic, and long.  It started near the end of December and continued for 6 weeks.  We were getting strange "tick-like" behavior, quick emotional outbursts, the inability to cope and manage the littlest thing ( like having strawberries~ which he usually loves~ on his plate.). ... In February we began to see a light at the end of the tunnel.  The ticks stopped (which was a new behavior). The high emotions and tantrums waned.  And we were thinking the light was near......

until about a week ago.
Ticks.  rapid uncontrolled movements.  continuous.  whole body movements and jolts. highly noticeable. and at times~ scary.
My husband and I were on high alert as we began to see him not sleep, constantly swing his arms. shake his head. stretch and crinkle his face. crouch his shoulders and giggle uncontrollably.  It was incessant.

I began to think we were dealing with Tourettes. or even seizures..... But I had no idea......
Monday I started to video him.
Ticks happening every 5-10 seconds.
non-stop.

I called an emergency meeting with a Dr.
and that lead to more appointments.
More Dr.s.
a begin plan...
a series of test ordered....
and calls to plead our case to insurance.

and today I can say that I have done all I can.  I hurried up... and now we wait.

you know what they say about the road our lives take us on....
"the road of life can only reveal itself as it is traveled: each turn in the road reveals a surprise..."
author unknown

SURPRISE!!!
sheesh! (sorry, my sarcasm got the best of me... )


while we are on the subject of Autism.... I found this segment of a show... interesting.
What would you do if you were in this situation....
gets you thinking... doesn't it.


3 comments:

  1. Oh Tif I am sorry things have been so tough...it sounds like a difficult time for all of you, I do hope everything starts getting easier soon...I'll be sending positive thoughts, not sure its much help but I think it might be the best I can do from over here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs from this Mom. I applaud your perserverance and determination. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your story, Tif. Just hearing your details really lets me into your world. You are such a great mom - it takes such amazing energy, research, patience...

    And wow, that video looked intense (I couldn't get any sound tho) .

    ReplyDelete