Tuesday, January 29, 2013

a tisket a tasket

I asked for a basket.

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I asked for one of those big garden baskets.... you know...like these ones that you can get at Lee Valley

these baskets are great because you can pick your veggies, and then hose the dirt off while they are resting still in the basket.  Its great~ no more bringing in dirt to the kitchen sink while you rinse your veggies.

there is only one problem- these babies are $50.

NEVER FEAR~ PINTEREST IS HERE!
I found that I had PINned a DIY on making one a few months ago.  The DIY was through runnerduck.com  and I showed it to the hubby to see if he could work his magic.
 Of course...you know he can... especially if he made my closet shelves and the kids' tree house...
The DIY is for a small basket,but the great things is~ you can make it your own.
The hubby said he made it for less than $10 and it took him less than 2 hours to put it all together.



and its huge!
and gorgeous!
I must say I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.... my husband says I'm pretty easy to please.  its a Win~Win for both of us.


1 comment:

  1. Um, LOVE. That's on my list, too. Of course... if your husband isn't busy....

    ReplyDelete