Monday, February 11, 2013

"oh my" cookies

you will never guess where I got this recipe....
oh wait, maybe you can guess...
where have I been getting EVERYTHING... lately!

PINTEREST again... yes, I know.
but once again... the search for things sweet, tasty and amazing... all get generated through this site.

This sweet treat was from Food Blog STICKY:GOOEY:CREAMY:CHEWY and her recipe for HolyCrapAmazingCookies was one that I just couldn't pass up.  This past weekend I was in the role of Single Parent ... and we planned to hang out with some friends Saturday night.  I wanted to bring along something that everyone would likely enjoy.  This is where this recipe came in.  By the way.... the given name says it all!!!

They were super yummers!
Both boys loved them.  I made them with Gluten Free Cornflakes (which were SUPER HARD TO FIND!!!!) and mini marshmallows for an added goodness.  With my youngest on board with these balls of "goodness me" tastiness... I knew they could be brought along to share with others.
Lets just say... They were a hit!

seriously- make them! You cannot go wrong.

yield 1 1/2 dozen

1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 cup of  creamy peanut butter
3 cups corn flakes ( we have GF ones)
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
3 oz. dark chocolate (melted)


  • pour into medium size bowl flakes and mini marshmallows and set aside.
  • on low heat mix together the sugar and corn syrup and bring to a full boil.
  • remove from heat- and add-in peanut butter.
  • once sugar and peanut butter and melted and blended~ pour over dry mix of flakes and marshmallows.  Be sure to mix well and coat all the flakes.
  • with a spoon or cookie scoop ~ roll into 1-2 inch balls and set on parchment paper.
  • drizzle with melted chocolate.

let cool... or at least rest for a few minutes (if you can!).  and ENJOY!
trust me, you will be camped out at the table for a while as you lick your fingers with a smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment