Tuesday, September 24, 2013

practice...

melts my heart.
The youngest, albeit very musically talented, started piano lessons with me last week.  He asked me to show him how to read music and to give him lessons.... and how could a piano teacher say no to one who is eager to learn.  We set aside a time on Saturday and I gave him the first instructions and songs to play.  He has since taken to my instructions and practiced each song three times every day.... 
without fail.  
without request. 
without struggle.  
He now sings along with the songs he is playing and talks about what he is wanting to learn this upcoming Saturday.  I know there will come a day where he will begin to teach me the marvels of music that are in his mind.... and the teacher will become the student.  But until then, this mom smiles as her baby plays a simple tune on the piano.... and sings for the whole world to hear.

1 comment: